Sunday 28 December 2008

Gluttony

For this sin there have been two instances on my part since and during Christmas. The first is the basic, it's Christmas day, a time where pick 'n mix sweets are breakfast and you, well I defiantly do, eat about 3 different meals for lunch. It's the meal to end all meals, I once heard someone say that “if the roast dinner is the king of dinners then the Christmas dinner is the king of roast dinners”, that is exactly what it is and that's the reason every year, everyone who eats it, has to commit the sin of Gluttony. Them's the rules.

The second count, on my behalf, was today when I went out to check the post-Xmas sales. Usually I'm like every other patron that walks into a store with a 10ft “SALE” sign, just buying anything that I may use some time in the near future. But unlike most years I was quite reserved, that is until I got to the comic shops at the end of Oxford St. Having not spent a lot of money on the way, only buy a few DVDs, I had quite a bit left and if I'm let into a comic shop with cash to spend you can almost guarantee that I'm not going to be coming out with that money. Them's some more rules.

Almost halfway now. Only four sins left.

No comments: