Thursday 13 November 2008

Comic Fashion...



As you can tell from the tile of this blog I am an avid comic reader, and if you didn’t get that…well now you know, but anyway as such a big comic fan there’s one thing that annoys me to the core and will forever. And that is the way that people who don’t even read comics go around wearing clothes with certain superhero insignia. Now I understand that a lot of comics have become big box office movies but that’s not a good enough excuse because the majority if not all of the fans of the movie are the ones who read the comics in the first place. And I’m not talking about the little kids with superheroes on their clothes or even the clothes of a superhero, because I used to be one of those kids, the cartoons was what originally got me interested in reading comics. But the kind of people I’m talking about are the ones who haven’t even stepped a single foot inside a comic shop in their life. Where as every comic junkie wears their favourite hero’s insignia with pride these people wear them as a new fashion. It’s not that I have anything against comics going mainstream because that’s inevitable and I’ve accepted it but to wear it just because others are it just not something I want to hear. Sometimes even I don’t want to get a certain t-shirt or jumper because the streets are filled with people wearing exactly the same thing. I would just love to go up to one of these people and say “ahhh man I love your Kal-El shirt”, just to hear the response I know is coming “this is a superman t-shirt”. It just seems to be that something many people like myself would be ridiculed for not but a few years ago has become popular amongst the “enemy”.

No comments: