Wednesday 12 November 2008

Where’s Adams?


Last Sunday a mate and I went to see the new shopping center, Westfield. Overall the place is really only useful for clothes shopping and not much else. Although when the massive 14 screen cinema opens it’ll be a quick and routine journey for me to get my fix of the latest films. But anyway back to my initial trip, so as I said my mate and I went there to check it out and while we were there we saw the new and great technology they have used for the floor maps. Basically a large but creatively designed brink set at an angle in the middle of the long corridors of shops, they are a touch screen version of the, now primitive, paper maps. So we head over to one of these and there’s a line, we wait behind a man holding an Apple bag, which got me thinking that we had completely missed the shop and I wanted a look around it. In the middle of our convocation about going to the Apple shop after we’ve had a look at the futuristic maps, the guy in front turns to me and says “if you want I can tell you where it is.” I politely refuse as I don’t like taking directions from people as they are nearly always in some way wrong, ignoring my response he goes on to tell us it’s on the first floor around the corner. I thank him for the information I didn’t want and he goes back to looking at the map. Then his wife/girlfriend comes over to him and he proceeds to ask her where the shop Adams is? Confused my friend and I look at each other and then directly in front of us and what do we see…A shop with that exact name, and not only is it in front of them but it is also bright orange and almost impossible to miss. Not able to hold it in any longer, we both burst out laughing. Now our laughing must have disturbed the couple as they quickly departed unfortunately for them it was in the wrong direction. A part of me felt like I should tell him but the other part reminded me that he didn’t take notice of what I had said before so why should try again.

No comments: